Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Clearing the Illusion

My dream of doing MBA is shattered. Wrong choice of words. My dream of enjoying my MBA is shattered. How many of you understand or could point out the difference? Its huge and interestingly not in your control. I wrote my last blog way back in 2011. Working happily in an investment bank and still hoping to get into a decent B school is not a rare ambition to find in this world. I was the victim of the same ambition. Until I received my admission offer letter I was living my passions. Cricket and life, two things I was enjoying till their extremes. MBA was another vertical I was passionate about and wanted to enjoy it my way. And here I made the biggest mistake. My boss always keeps on telling me to never assume. Now I came know that assumptions are fatal. There are certain things you cannot enjoy your way. Its not only the grades which are relative in MBA its the life that you live. Your schedule of the day, what you eat, what you do and what you wear everything is relative. MBA teaches you to manage, yes very true. It teaches you manage your life midst of trillion of uncertainties that MBA life uncovers in front of you. It teaches you the art of decision making. The decisions which affects everyone but you and then it teaches you to ignore the consequences of these decisions as you have nothing to do with them. Time Management, one thing that has no meaning for me in here at my campus. I have more than 100 hours in my day and also knows 10000 ways to waste every minute of these 100 hours. All this I learnt in past one year in my fucking MBA. I sometimes think that all these learning may be more practical to implement in the outside world as none seems to be effective in here. People are learning things at much greater pace and things which are not been taught. Yes MBA teaches you to learn and to learn without being taught is something which could be called the biggest value addition that one gets from this coveted degree. You learn from the experience and you learn by doing things. Never ever worry about the books that you have been provided with by the institute. You will score good or bad I don't know. You will pass, you will be a MBA and you will land in job. These are some of the certain things to happen and one day this road will definitely end.

No comments:

Post a Comment